Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools.

Yesterday was gorgeous: 8 degrees and sunny. I wore a knee length skirt with bare legs, I was in heaven. Today is awful. The forecast warned me, but I was hoping it was some kind of sick aprils fool joke, sadly, no. I think theweathernetwork says it best:

Yuck! I got a couple of those ice pellets to the face before I took shelter and called a cab! /

But before facing the weather I hunkered down in the library to do “research” (aka, looking at pretty pictures in fashion books). Today I found an awesome book, “American Fashion Menswear” by Robert E. Bryan 2009. For any of you fashionable boys out there you NEED to flip through this book! My favourite image is a Tommy Hilfiger ad from 2008… Can someone track down this man to be my boyfriend? PLEASE?? He is perfect. (thanks AJ for editing the picture for me!) I also love this stripped shirt and paisley tie combo from Geoffrey Beene, circa 1990. Other highlights of today, a German Tailoring book published in 1922, and a sewing book published in 1986 with my domestic sewing machine on the cover.


A well spent stormy afternoon inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment